Supervisor, DC Operations is responsible for managing, controlling, and monitoring processes and work flows at the company’s distribution site. He/she manages and trains staff engaged in receiving, stocking, processing or shipping; prepares reports, summaries, and analysis on operations and communicates with appropriate management.
- Manage and plan for the physical receipt, processing, storage and shipment of delivered materials into and out of the distribution center;
- Prepare staffing plans during peak and off peak times to maintain consistent work flow for all associates in a productive manner;
- Motivate associates to ensure that predetermined productivity, cost, and quality standards are achieved or exceeded;
- Ensure good housekeeping and safe working conditions in the facility;
- Recommend new or improved methods, techniques and procedures for processing inventory more efficiently;
- Train new or newly assigned associates in the proper methods and standard operating procedures of a job function;
- Conduct associate performance observations and provide clear and concise feedback to associates;
- Complete performance evaluations of distribution center personnel;
- Establish and maintain good rapport throughout the department;
- Develop Area Operations Coordinator to be able to train hourly associates
- Effectively and consistently manage performance of hourly associates
- Communicate daily plans to team
- Designate appropriate labor throughout the department and monitor performance to goal
Ability to work 2nd shift if called upon
- Five to seven years of experience in distribution operations or an equivalent combination of training and supervisory experience necessary.
- Must have knowledge of distribution and inventory control methods and procedures, and the ability to apply such knowledge to practical situations.
- Knowledge of safety and security measures and the ability to apply them in a distribution center situation vital.
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and familiar with record-keeping systems.
- Computer experience a major requirement. Knowledge of PkMS a plus.
- In depth knowledge of distribution center procedures and safe processing methods.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong mathematical and written abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively to department teams, cross-functional partners and upper management.
- Strong planning skills with the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment